Would you like to join an award-winning organisation? Telensa won the 2017 Amazon award for the Growing Business of the Year. Telensa was also named in the 2017 Global Cleantech 100 ones to watch list and this year we won two queens awards for enterprise. So, if this sounds like a Company you would like to join read on...
Telensa is the leading provider of Street Lighting Remote Control and Monitoring systems. Other applications for Telensa’s UNB and control technology are underway as the demand for Smart City/Internet of Things solutions increases.
Telensa are looking to recruitment a graduate for a fixed term of 3 months, to identify and understand the US Information Of Understanding (IOU) and Memorandum of Understandings (MOU) progress or intentions with LED replacement programs and understanding of controls within that. This will be through desk-based research and phone calls with the people in the US responsible for street lighting within Utility companies energy consultants and other organisations/people that might provide valuable insights.
The ideal candidate will need to be flexible with working hours as they will be in contact with the US and need to work in their time zone.
Activities will include:
• Review US North East report on LED to understand the theoretical status and expectations of the US street lighting market,
• Work with the EMEA Telensa team to understand the smart lighting controls technology and system
• Work with the US Telensa team to understand the current level of engagement with IOUs and MOUs
• Using web based tools like LinkedIn, Google search, US utility organisations to capture contact information on all the IOUs and MOUs and the individuals who can provide the information on their current status regarding LEDs.
• Using an agreed messaging approach contact identified Heads of Lighting at various utility companies to establish the answers to various predetermined questions.
The intention is to use this research to be a proof-point to the board to fund investment in resource to sell into the US Utilities market.
This project would suit someone who is detail-orientated, has great research skills and is comfortable with online search technology. Verbal communication skills must be excellent in order to be clear, articulate and friendly on the phone.
The ideal candidate will be:
• A newly qualified graduate
• Energetic and dedicated i.e. to do what is necessary to succeed in a rapidly growing business environment
• Demonstrate excellent attention to detail.
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills
• Capable of hands-on problem solving
• Positive attitude to dealing with people
• Good organisational and time-management skills
• Capable of working both independently and part of a team
This role will give a graduate excellent experience in research, an understanding of international Internet Of Things (IOT) markets and build on confidence in dealing with people at all levels and in an international space. If this sounds like the type of role you could excel in please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.