Telensa is a global leader in technology for the Internet of Things and Smart Cities. We have been named as the Global #1 in Smart Street Lighting. Our products are enabling cities from Atlanta, Georgia to Wellington, NZ to significantly lower their carbon footprint and improve the lives of citizens.
Building on our #1 smart city position, we are developing a new line of products that will revolutionise the outdoor environment. By using Big Data and Artificial Intelligence we are enabling new ways for cities, enterprises and consumers to interact.
Telensa won the 2017 Amazon award for the Growing Business of the Year. Telensa was also named in the 2017 Global Cleantech 100 ones to watch list. In 2018 Telensa was awarded the Queens Award for Enterprise: International Trade and Innovation.
Purpose & Scope
The Central Systems Group are responsible for developing Telensa’s suite of server-side software. We are looking for two Software Engineers to join our team, bringing a passion for Web development in PHP and/or Java with databases. They could be a full-stack or Back-end engineer. They will focus on developing and evolving Smart Lighting and Smart City components for Telensa’s customer base. Smart Lighting is at the heart of Telensa’s business and this role will be creating value for our customers from day one.
The job role:
- Develop and evolve software modules/components.
- Development of back-end application software for Street Lighting and other Smart City central management systems in PHP and/or Java.
- Implementation of databases with an emphasis on performance.
- Document system design and changes, review of software designs from peers.
- Development of unit tests and automated integration tests.
- Deliver software to agreed time and quality targets.
- Learning new technologies relevant to the projects.
- Work on projects with a team of other software engineers.
Skills, Knowledge & Experience:
- Some knowledge of database technologies: Mongo, Postgres, Firebird, SQL.
- Cloud development in some of the following programming languages: Java, C, PHP, Python.
- Developing products in a commercial environment.
- Experience of full software lifecycle.
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly to react to changing demands.