Purpose and Scope
Salary of £30,000. The role reports to the Team Leader – System Test and is responsible for testing of smart lighting and smart city applications. The System Test team is responsible for testing and approving all releases of Telensa products which include embedded edge devices, base stations, web and mobile applications. The team also have a goal to improve efficiency, throughput and coverage by increasing the automated test coverage. The successful candidate will get involved in all products and projects, covering manual and automated test development and regression test execution.
The job role
• Execution of Manual testing of the Telensa Product suite
• Create automation tests in Python/Selenium/Pytest and integrate into CI system.
• Writing good quality test specifications in the Test Management tools
• Defect tracking and defect closure
• Creating new test plans to cover new features
• Learning new technologies relevant to the projects
• Deliver tested software to agreed time and quality targets
Skills, knowledge and experience
• 2.1 degree in a numerate / computer science related subject (or equivalent experience)
• 1 year Industry experience
• Working knowledge of Linux Operating System
• Understanding of testing Web applications and associated APIs with a database backend
• Understanding of different types of tests, their value, and where they fit into the software development lifecycle
• Some experience of development in Java/Python
• Experience of Setting up of Test Environments including installation and configuration of web applications on Linux based servers
• Experience of testing complex systems with embedded devices
• Experience with common test automation design patterns, practices, tools, and frameworks
• Understanding of continuous integration tools such as Jenkins, bamboo
• Experience of Test scripting, Test design, Test plans and Test analysis
• Experience testing non-functional requirements, including performance, scale and availability
Telensa is a leading company in technology for the Internet of Things and Smart Cities. We have more smart city devices globally, than any other company. Our products are enabling cities from Atlanta, Georgia to Wellington, NZ to significantly lower their carbon footprint and improve the lives of citizens.
Building on our #1 smart city position, we are developing a new line of products that will revolutionise the outdoor environment. By using Big Data and Artificial Intelligence we are enabling new ways for cities, enterprises and consumers to interact.
Telensa won the 2017 Amazon award for the Growing Business of the Year. Telensa was also named in the 2017 Global Cleantech 100 ones to Watch list. In 2018 Telensa was awarded two Queen’s Awards for Enterprise: International Trade and Innovation.