Telensa is a leading company in technology for the Internet of Things and Smart Cities. We have more smart city devices globally, than any other company. Our products are enabling cities from Atlanta, Georgia to Wellington, NZ to significantly lower their carbon footprint and improve the lives of citizens.
Building on our #1 smart city position, we are developing a new line of products that will revolutionise the outdoor environment. By using Big Data and Artificial Intelligence we are enabling new ways for cities, enterprises and consumers to interact.
Telensa won the 2017 Amazon award for the Growing Business of the Year. Telensa was also named in the 2017 Global Cleantech 100 ones to watch list. In 2018 Telensa was awarded the Queens Award for Enterprise: International Trade and Innovation.
We have an exciting new opportunity for an Operations Engineer to join our Operations team.
The successful candidate must have extensive experience in installation, configuration and support of telecom systems with excellent client facing and project delivery skills. The role will include some field-based system installation, pre commissioning of equipment, customer support and customer training.
It is anticipated that the role at present would be primarily home based but will involve customer visits and occasional site visits in the future.
Once fully trained on the Telensa system you will be working in the operations group helping to plan, install and commission new systems and assisting customers with the ongoing support/operation Telensa’s PLANet® system.
The role will be broad and will need someone who is prepared to get involved in a wide range of different engineering disciplines from radio system deployment to database and web software support. There will be opportunities to work with our customers and to participate in educating them about the benefits and operation of the Telensa system. Practical hands on engineering in the field and the preparation of deployment documentation will also form part of the role.
You will have good team working skills, be proactive and organised. You’ll need to have good attention to detail, even under pressure. Have a keen interest in delivering systems, forming customer relationships, and providing customer support.
• An engineering degree or similar qualification
• Experience of design, management or test of large IT systems
• Customer support of IT or communications systems
• Hands on experience of using ticket based systems in a customer support environment
• Hands on Linux Experience – > 5years
• Hardware support experience
• Excellent computer skills
• Database (SQL)/ web applications/ API – support experience
• Radio system deployment experience
• Telecom equipment configuration
• Good Technical Skills
• Team Player
• Good attention to detail
• Linux system administration
• Electrical installation experience
• Radio systems design, planning or deployment
You will have many of the following attributes:
• Be an enthusiastic team player, but be able to work independently
• Be prepared to do what is required in a small company environment
• Be prepared to learn new skills as necessary and transfer knowledge to others
• Good communications skills (Oral and Written), and be prepared to work in customer facing roles
• Great customer communication and support skills
Important Additional Information:
Candidates must have a Full UK Driving Licence.
When COVID restrictions are lifted – this position from time to time will require some daily and overnight travel, estimated to be from 10% to 20% per year and will be primarily in the UK.
The above is provided for guidance, is not contractual or an exhaustive list of all accountabilities that the post holder may have.
To apply for our open positions, or if you’d like to apply for general consideration, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org