Telensa is a leading company in technology for the Internet of Things and Smart Cities. We have more smart city devices globally, than any other company. Our products are enabling cities from Atlanta, Georgia to Wellington, NZ to significantly lower their carbon footprint and improve the lives of citizens.
Building on our #1 smart city position, we are developing a new line of products that will revolutionise the outdoor environment. By using Big Data and Artificial Intelligence we are enabling new ways for cities, enterprises and consumers to interact.
Telensa won the 2017 Amazon award for the Growing Business of the Year. Telensa was also named in the 2017 Global Cleantech 100 ones to watch list. In 2018 Telensa was awarded the Queens Award for Enterprise: International Trade and Innovation.
Purpose & Scope
We have an exciting opportunity for a Customer Operations Team Leader to join our Operations team. The purpose of the role is to enable customers to deploy and operate our networks to successfully realise their business case. This is a hands-on role, leading a small team of engineers in the Customer Operations team.
The successful candidate will be an experienced team leader, with excellent client facing, service management and project delivery skills. They must have extensive technical and commercial experience in installation, configuration and support of wireless telecom systems.
You will be responsible for communicating company business objectives and related timescales to the team and ensure that associated targets are achieved. As a team leader you will also be required to motivate team members and improve their performance. You will provide help to management, including hiring and training. The role holder will keep management updated on team performance. Communicating concerns and policies among team members and management will also form part of this role.
It is anticipated that the role would be primarily office based but will involve regular customer visits and occasional site visits. The role may involve some international travel.
You will have good team working and leadership skills, be proactive and organised. You’ll need to have good attention to detail, even under pressure. Have a keen interest in delivering systems, forming customer relationships and providing customer support. This role will require the successful candidate to be part of an on-call rota.
Key Accountabilities and Role Outputs:
The Customer Operations Team Leader is responsible for achieving high levels of customer satisfaction and creating opportunities for new business through the successful implementation, support, and maintenance of Telensa networks. This includes
• Radio network planning
• Management of new system deployments
• Customer training
• Customer support
• Network Monitoring and Performance
• Incident, Problem, and Change management including ticket performance and related KPIs
• Successful release of new products & software releases to market (First Office Application & General Availability)
The role will be broad and will need someone who is prepared to get involved in a wide range of different engineering disciplines from radio system planning/deployment to database and web software support. There will be opportunities to work with our customers and to participate in educating them about the benefits and operation of the Telensa system. Practical hands on engineering in the field and the preparation of deployment and training documentation will also form part of the role. The successful candidate will be responsible for achieving goals that are set by the Director of Operations.
The key focus of this role is to deliver a first-class service to our customers and have a continuous improvement programme that focuses on how we support and deliver service to our customers.
This role will involve working closely with the Network Operations Team Leader to ensure that the day to day operations of the department is streamlined to deliver great service to our customers.
The key performance metrics that you will be responsible for include the following: - driving down the backlog of tickets and associated KPI’s, improving customer satisfaction, improving network health metrics and ensuring that new network deployments run successfully to plan.
This role will involve managing the FOA (First Office Application) & GA (General Availability) gate activities and to
Ensure that we bring new hardware and software releases to market within timescales and to budget.
The role will also include responding to incidents/tickets, troubleshooting issues and planning for network growth.
The Customer Operations team is responsible for ensuring that our customer’s and their applications are supported 24/7.
Skills, Knowledge & Experience:
- Strong Team and Technical leadership experience
- Proven track record of Service Management (e.g. ITIL/SLA’s), including experience of managing ticketing systems such as JIRA/Freshdesk
- Great customer communication and support skills
- Good understanding of large-scale radio communications systems, including planning of radio coverage and capacity, configuration of hardware & software applications, and resolving connectivity issues
- Ability to estimate, plan, and deliver activities on time and to budget
- Excellent computer skills
- Linux system administration and SQL experience
- An engineering degree or similar qualification
- Electrical installation experience
- Radio systems design, planning or deployment
- Hands on experience of supporting database and web-based systems
- Working experience of FOA & GA gate processes to successfully bring new products and releases to market
- Experience of running an Agile Scrum team using tools such as JIRA
You will have many of the following attributes:
- Be an enthusiastic team player, but be able to work independently (Self-Motivation)
- Be prepared to do what is required in a small company environment
- Be prepared to learn new skills as necessary
- Good communications skills (Oral and Written), and be prepared to work in customer facing roles
- Good organisation skills
- Strong relationship building and good customer service skills