We are looking for a Principal Systems Architecture Engineer to work closely across Product Management, Development and Operations teams as we further launch ourselves into the competitive Smart Cities space. They will act as a technical product owner and will be responsible for the end-to-end system design of new offers and feature(s) feasibility analysis. They must be capable of defining high level requirements, defining the overall architecture and coordinating the technical design interface with partners.
This role will support Product Management in preparing effort estimates and proposing potential phasing and priorities for new offers and features and will then support the Development teams in their implementation up to successful customer launch.
They will be a core part of the Product Management team, reporting into the VP Product Management for all activities. They will also perform an architectural responsibility, reporting into the VP Development for that aspect.
Primary responsibilities are:
• Acting as a Technical Product Owner for Product Management including involvement in all sprint activities/ ceremonies as required
• Interfacing to customers as appropriate to derive and agree new solutions and architecture
• Designing and/or coordinating architecture across the business incl. close liaison between Product Management, Development and Operations
• Management of the Architecture Council to ensure all new architecture is agreed and signed off across the business
Key activities will include:
• Creation of product backlog/ stories
• Act as Product Owner in sprints
• Input into Product Roadmap
• Feasibility studies – incl. draft high-level design and effort estimation
• Systems analysis and design incl. capture of High Level requirements
• Architecture and solutions design and implementation for partners
• Interface specification and alignment
• Support to Development, System Test and Operations as part of execution
• Typically, 7+ years’ experience with technical knowledge in a related sector
• Previous experience as both a technical Product Owner and Architect
• Knowledge of end-to-end system designs in IoT / Telecom / Internet / IT arena with demonstrable capacity to design a solution against a customer problem statement
• Clear experience of the following areas: database technologies, microservices, wireless networks, cloud services, APIs
• Pro-active, resilient, can do attitude and high energy
• Able to see a solution from concept to delivery
• Fast-learner capability to gain detailed knowledge of company products and applications
• Experience of the typical development process, with structured black-box requirements definition and their traceability (ISO/TLS)
• Qualified to degree level
• Experience of presenting to senior customers
• Effective communication and interpersonal skills at all levels
• Able to work independently without direction
• Ability to work to tight deadlines
• Ability to demonstrate effective team working
• Prior experience in outdoor lighting or controls /monitoring networks
• Formal qualifications e.g. Certified Scrum Owner, TOGAF etc.