With our continued global success in Lighting Control and our plans to develop new products centered on Urban Data, we now have a new position for a Product Manager based in UK.
The Product Manager supports the VP Product Management to develop and drive the product strategy, obtain and track company commitments up to successful customer delivery. The role holder will research and develop a deep understanding of the market dynamics, customer needs, technology trends, product legislation and competitor offerings.
The incumbent will primarily be focused on extending our Smart cities programme into city-wide data, covering data collection, analysis and business cases for new applications. Specifically all aspects related to data security, trust and privacy issues, will be the main initial focus.
Through this process the role holder will work alongside Sales to provide quality customer commitments, to support roadmap workshops and bid answers and work alongside Development to control delivery. This would include defining the product, how it interfaces to other parties, and managing how the product is developed, including some outsourced partner management functions.
The role holder will liaise with internal and external stakeholders; they will have excellent communication skills along with the ability to develop strategic management plans for projects.
The job role:
The Product Manager responsibilities will include:
• Provide long-term roadmap review and analysis
• Own the medium-term (within one year) roadmap: candidate, target, committed features and system releases
• Achieve strategic customers and partners roadmap alignment
• Competitior monitoring and positioning
• Management of partners
Outsourced partner management
• Translate product features into detailed specifications
• Work with the internal Technical Lead to manage contractors to deliver agreed work packages
• Engage with internal and external commercial stakeholders to ensure alignment of technical milestones with commercial agreements.
• Serve as the primary contact point for outsourced partners working on data collection, security and trust activities
Control company commitments
• Prepare Commitment Review meetings together with VP Product Management for company executives
• Prepare and coordinate inputs, obtain consensus on main options, agree key trade-offs and risks ahead of meeting
• Provide the necessary inputs to company Commercial and Technical leads, at a VP and CEO level
• Work within an Agile, SCRUM environment to provide relevant inputs to the Product Owners
• Provide inputs to the Backlog, and refinement thereof, to enable the SCRUM teams to be properly aligned with the Business Objectives
• Monitor and provide feedback on Sprints within the SCRUM process
• Define end-of-life strategy and implementation for products and system releases
• Creating of commercials and go to market pricing
• Support marketing in the development of all supporting collateral and propsitions
Skills, Knowledge & Experience:
• Min 5 years’ experience as a product manager in the IoT / Internet / Cloud / Data industries
• Demonstrable capacity to deeply understand market drivers and define a product strategy in the Telensa’s arena
• Solid problem solving, decision making and analytical capabilities to define and agree company priorities
• Strong commercial understanding to build quality business cases
• Executive-level communication and interpersonal skills within the company and with customers
• Strong negotiation skills and demonstrable ability to influence and reach consensus with key decision makers
• Strong technical knowledge around data security and management.
• Fast-learner capability to gain detailed knowledge of Telensa technology, company products and applications
• In deep knowledge of the typical development process and control functions
• Proactive, with a can-do attitude
• New small company experience is not essential, but an appreciation of the challenges of fledgling companies along with the ability, drive and track record to contribute to the growth of such an organisation is paramount
• Prior industry experience within a cloud -based, secure data platform application