Telensa are looking for a Regional Sales Manager for a national role based from your home office. The successful applicant will live near a major airport that has access to Central USA and Canada.
We are looking for a Regional Sales Manager with experience in selling to Utilities or Government agencies. Experience in solution selling (e.g. energy saving, efficiency and service improvements, control systems, wide-area-networks, telecoms).
Telensa is a leading company in technology for the Internet of Things and Smart Cities. We have more smart city devices globally, than any other company. Our products are enabling cities from Atlanta, Georgia to Wellington, NZ to significantly lower their carbon footprint and improve the lives of citizens.
Building on our #1 smart city position, we are developing a new line of products that will revolutionise the outdoor environment. By using Big Data and Artificial Intelligence we are enabling new ways for cities, enterprises and consumers to interact.
We are looking to recruit a bright, energetic, ambitious and target-driven individual to be responsible for sales in the street lighting sector and beyond into smart cities and smart grid.
Telensa has existing pipeline opportunities in the territory, therefore the successful applicant will need to develop those relationships and bring the deals to a close as well as nurturing new relationships ensuring revenue goals are being achieved.
The deal size range is between $5m and $25m and has a sales cycle of approximately 18 months to 2 years and is often subject to RFP process.
Key Accountabilities and Role Outputs:
- Grow sales and profits in existing and new markets in the assigned territory
- Achieve revenue goals
- Build relationships with the major potential customers (Municipality Owned Utilities and Investor Owned Utilities) and confirm Telensa’s name as the #1 in the market
- Understand company products and value drivers to be able to present and demonstrate the features and benefits of Telensa’s PLANet CMS
- Promote Telensa’s products and solutions to new and existing customers
- Regular reporting of sales/product forecasts, regional plans and Account plans
- Developing relationships with utilities, municipalities, contractors and other key influencers
- Sell as an individual contributor – with support from the operational, technical, legal, marketing teams
- Be a full regional team member to achieve overall company goals and share best practice and industry knowledge
- Gather intelligence from the market about needs and demand for products to share with the internal organisation
- Recommend strategy and tactics to achieve success across the region
The Key responsibilities will include:
- Generate new opportunities through direct sales activity, exhibitions, targeted phone and email campaigns to create a pipeline of x5 revenue goals.
- Assist potential customers in modelling the business case requiring great collaborative approach to engagement.
- Manage and deliver responses to tenders, working alongside the Bid Manager and internal team.
- Co-ordinate internal and external resources to effectively address any issues that arise with customers, and/or contractors.
- Record and maintain relevant sales data in Sales Force and provide timely territory specific reports.
- Maintain a high level of market intelligence on distributors, customers, competitors, regulatory and market dynamics to be able to provide insight and guidance internally and externally.
- Assist with creating sales and marketing materials e.g. brochures, exhibitions, case studies etc.
- Exceed customer experience expectations working alongside the internal operations team.
- Ensure customer handover to Operations on deal closure is smooth by providing all information needed and introducing Operations early in the sales cycle.
- Continue to provide ongoing Customer engagement for additional revenue opportunities.
The essential requirements for this role:
- A business developer, able to open doors and create opportunities
- A “closer” who can get to contract signature on complex large deals.
- Familiarity with solution selling (e.g. energy saving, efficiency and service improvements, control systems, wide-area-networks, telecoms)
- Competent with business modelling, documenting, presenting and negotiating a “solution”
- Energetic and dedicated i.e. to do what is necessary in a rapidly growing business environment
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Familiarity (commercial/operational) with utilities
- Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Located near a major airport to facilitate quick and economical air travel as required (Chicago, and Dallas are good examples)
If this sounds like the challenge you are looking for, please send your resume and covering letter with your salary details to firstname.lastname@example.org