Telensa is the #1 Global leading provider of Street Lighting Remote Control and Monitoring systems. Our system uses Ultra Narrow Band (UNB) radio communications and cellular radio to link street lights back to a central database and web server in order to allow street lighting to be managed in a sophisticated and energy efficient way. Other applications for Telensa’s UNB and control technology are underway as the demand for Smart City/Internet of Things solutions increases.
With our continued global success in Lighting Control and adding new Smart City/Internet of Things (IoT) applications we require Regional Sales Managers (RSM) to join our Americas team. These roles are new and will be significant in building and developing the sales pipeline with utility organisations to take advantage of the huge revenue opportunity.
Purpose & Scope
Telensa is a Smart Cities applications company providing utilities and municipalities with a range of products, systems and services, including the world’s most deployed smart streetlight system. The market for smart street lighting is growing rapidly around the world and Telensa is expanding to take advantage of that opportunity.
We are looking to recruit bright, energetic, ambitious and target-driven individuals to be responsible for sales in the street lighting sector and beyond into smart cities and smart grid.
There are existing pipeline opportunities in the territory so that person will need to develop those relationships and bring the deals to closure and will also need to build a significant future pipeline, that will result in revenue goals being achieved.
The deal size range is between $5m and $25m and has a sales cycle of approximately 18 months to 2 years and is often subject to RFP process.
Key Accountabilities and Role Outputs:
• Grow sales and profits in existing and new markets in the assigned territory
• Achieve revenue goals
• Build relationships with the major potential customers (Municipality Owned Utilities and Investor Owned Utilities) and confirm Telensa’s name as the #1 in the market
• Understand company products and value drivers to be able to present and demonstrate the features and benefits of Telensa’s PLANet CMS
• Promote Telensa’s products and solutions to new and existing customers
• Regular reporting of sales/product forecasts, regional plans and Account plans
• Developing relationships with utilities, municipalities, contractors and other key influencers
• Sell as an individual contributor – with support from the operational, technical, legal, marketing teams
• Be a full regional team member to achieve overall company goals and share best practice and industry knowledge
• Gather intelligence from the market about needs and demand for products to share with the internal organisation
• Recommend strategy and tactics to achieve success across the region
The Key responsibilities will include:
• Generate new opportunities through direct sales activity, exhibitions, targeted phone and email campaigns to create a pipeline of x5 revenue goals
• Assist potential customers in modeling the business case requiring great collaborative approach to engagement
• Manage and deliver responses to tenders, working alongside the Bid Manager and internal team
• Co-ordinate internal and external resources to effectively address any issues that arise with customers, and/or contractors
• Record and maintain relevant sales data in Sales Force and provide timely territory specific reports
• Maintain a high level of market intelligence on distributors, customers, competitors, regulatory and market dynamics to be able to provide insight and guidance internally and externally
• Assist with creating sales and marketing materials e.g. brochures, exhibitions, case studies etc
• Exceed customer experience expectations working alongside the internal operations team
• Ensure customer handover to Operations on deal closure is smooth by providing all information needed and introducing Operations early in the sales cycle
• Continue to provide ongoing Customer engagement for additional revenue opportunities
Skills, Knowledge & Experience:
The successful recruit will be suited to, and be assessed to be able to meet the following requirements:
• A business developer, able to open doors and create opportunities
• A “closer” who can get to contract signature on complex large deals.
• Familiarity with solution selling (e.g. energy saving, efficiency and service improvements, control systems, wide-area-networks, telecoms)
• Competent with business modeling, documenting, presenting and negotiating a “solution”
• Energetic and dedicated i.e. to do what is necessary in a rapidly growing business environment
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Familiarity (commercial/operational) with utilities
• Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills
• Experience in the outdoor street lighting market
• Qualified to Degree level
• Experience or technical knowledge of lighting, lighting control systems and radio communications techniques
• Experience in Smart Grid, Smart City, telecoms or controls markets
• Experience selling and marketing to Chief Technology and Innovation officers
• Spanish or French language skills
• Trained in solution-selling methodology i.e Miller Heiman
Pay & Benefits:
Competitive pay and benefits package commensurate with experience includes:
Medical and dental coverage
Short and long-term disability plan
11 days paid public holiday plus 15 days paid vacation