Smart cities are one of the hottest innovation and growth areas. Within this segment, city leaders see smart streetlighting as the key technology, partly because it is the single biggest contributor to lowering public electricity bills and CO2 emissions, but also as it is a key enabler for future solutions such as 5G and Intelligent Transport which need access to street light columns.
Telensa, with its Cambridge HQ is the clear market leader around the world in this industry with more streetlights connected than any other vendor. We are active in the UK, US, Canada, Middle East, SE Asia, Latin America and Australia/NZ.
Telensa is a dedicated Smart Lighting controls company with a wide offering of Smart Cities applications. The market for smart street lighting is growing rapidly around the world and Telensa is expanding to take advantage of that opportunity.
Telensa recognizes that not every city, municipality and even utility has the streetlight inventory, internal support or budget for a broad, enterprise-wide lighting conversion or controls project. However, these candidates are numerous and the market is showing that cities of all sizes are moving towards automation and IOT-type pilots and smaller roll-outs. To fill this niche role, we are looking to recruit bright, energetic, ambitious and target-driven individuals to be responsible for sales in the street lighting sector and beyond into smart cities.
There are existing pipeline opportunities in the territory so the successful candidate will need to develop those relationships and bring the deals to closure. Additionally, the incumbent will also need to build a significant future pipeline, that will result in revenue goals being achieved.
The deal size range is between $50k and $500k and has a sales cycle of approximately 12 to 24 months is often subject to RFP process.
Key Accountabilities and Role Outputs
· Grow sales and profits in existing and new markets in the assigned territory
· Achieve revenue goals
· Identify channels to market (engineers, ESCOs, install contractors, etc.)
· Build relationships with the potential customers (direct and in-direct) and confirm Telensa’s name as the #1 in the market
· Understand company products and value drivers to be able to present and demonstrate the features and benefits of Telensa’s PLANet CMS
· Promote Telensa’s products and solutions to new and existing customers
· Regular reporting of sales/product forecasts, regional plans and Account plans
· Develop relationships with cities, municipalities, contractors and other key influencers
· Sell as an individual contributor – with support from the operational, technical, legal, marketing teams
· Be a full regional team member to achieve overall company goals and share best practice and industry knowledge
· Gather intelligence from the market about needs and demand for products to share with the internal organization
· Recommend strategy and tactics to achieve success across the region
The Key responsibilities will include
· Generate new opportunities through direct sales activity, exhibitions, targeted phone and email campaigns to create a pipeline of x5 revenue goals
· Assist potential customers in modeling the business case requiring great collaborative approach to engagement
· Manage and deliver responses to proposals, working alongside the Bid Manager and internal team
· Co-ordinate internal and external resources to effectively address any issues that arise with customers, and/or contractors
· Record and maintain relevant sales data in Salesforce and provide timely territory specific reports
· Maintain a high level of market intelligence on distributors, customers, competitors, regulatory and market dynamics to be able to provide insight and guidance internally and externally
· Assist with creating sales and marketing materials e.g. brochures, exhibitions, case studies etc
· Exceed customer experience expectations working alongside the internal operations team
· Ensure customer handover to Operations on deal closure is smooth by providing all information needed and introducing Operations early in the sales cycle
· Continue to provide ongoing Customer engagement for additional revenue opportunities
The successful recruit will be able to, and will be evaluated on the ability to meet the following requirements:
· A business developer, able to open doors and create opportunities
· Cold-calling and email introductions with frequent follow-up
· A “closer” who can get to contract signature on complex large deals.
· Familiarity with solution selling (e.g. energy saving, efficiency and service improvements, control systems, wide-area-networks, telecoms)
· Competent with business modeling, documenting, presenting and negotiating a “solution”
· Energetic and dedicated, i.e. to do what is necessary in a rapidly growing business environment
· Excellent attention to detail.
· Familiarity (commercial/operational) with utilities
· Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation skills.
· Excellent verbal and written communications skills
To apply for our open positions, or if you’d like to apply for general consideration, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org