Senior Manufacturing Test Engineer
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Manufacturing Test Engineer, to join our Manufacturing team at Telensa. The purpose of the role is to ensure that our manufacturing partners and internal manufacturing cell can build our products on time to the required quality. This is a hands-on role taking the lead on all manufacturing engineering issues.
The successful candidate will be an experienced Senior Manufacturing Test Engineer, with excellent specification management, test development, and technical troubleshooting skills. They must have extensive technical experience in manufacturing wireless telecom products.
It is anticipated that the role would be primarily office based but will involve regular visits to our manufacturing partners, which may involve some international travel.
You will have good team working skills, and will need to build strong relationships across the business and with our partners. You will be proactive and organised, and have good attention to detail, even under pressure. You will be motivated by delivering high-quality, reliable products to our customers.
The Senior Manufacturing Test Engineer, is responsible for ensuring that production keeps running, and the product is manufactured correctly. This includes:
- Controlling manufacturing test specifications, tests and compliance
- Defining production test specifications (incl. test limits).
- Ownership and support of production test sequences (including commissioning, debug, upgrade)
- Ownership and support of test racks (including calibration, debug, modification, repair)
- Production quality Analysis
- Monitoring pass/fail rates and investigating common failures with a view to driving up production quality.
- Controlling document management including concessions, change notes and defect notes.
- New Product Introduction
- Process development
- New product introduction, incl. on-site support during pilot builds.
- Input into project planning
- Advising on improvements (e.g. for easier assembly / lower cost)
- Supporting supply chain
Skills, Knowledge & Experience
- An Electronics degree or similar qualification
- Production test specification
- Production test development (Automated)
- Knowledge of DFM and NPI
- Manufacturing documentation management and control
- BOM & Build standard management and control
- Familiarity with test equipment and measurement techniques
- Experience of wireless products and/or knowledge of RF measurement techniques
- Proficient in the use of MS office applications
- Knowledge of quality systems and processes
- Some understanding of scripting or other coding techniques for automated test
- Circuit debugging
- Appreciation of both high and low volume manufacturing approaches.
- Understanding of safety critical components in electronic circuits
You will have many of the following attributes:
- Be an enthusiastic team player, but be able to work independently (self-motivation)
- Be prepared to do what is required in a small company environment
- Be prepared to learn new skills as necessary
- Good communications skills (Oral and Written)
- Good organisation skills
- Strong relationship building and good customer service skills