Telensa is a leading company in technology for the Internet of Things and Smart Cities. We have more smart city devices globally, than any other company. Our products are enabling cities from Atlanta, Georgia to Wellington, NZ to significantly lower their carbon footprint and improve the lives of citizens.
Building on our #1 smart city position, we are developing a new line of products that will revolutionise the outdoor environment. By using Big Data and Artificial Intelligence we are enabling new ways for cities, enterprises and consumers to interact.
We are calling this vision The Urban Data Project and we are working with some of the Internet industry’s largest players to grow a global eco-system of data market place participants and application developers. As such the Urban Data Project is much more than a project within one company.
This new approach to the urban environment opens up opportunities in many domains from city services, to financial services, transport and leisure. At a technology level there is convergence between urban data collection, intelligent transport and cellular small cells which offers even more untapped potential.
Purpose & Scope
We are increasing the size of our team to support the new product developments needed to support our increasing focus on data generation, trust and analysis. This will involve the development of a cloud platform to collect data from a new range of sensor devices. Observations from the devices are processed in various ways to produce streams of events some of which will contain personal information.
The role includes the following:
• As user cases and the relevant analytics are developed the role is to assess the privacy impact and shape what can and cannot be done taking into account the ethics policy and relevant legislation.
• Working with stakeholders to architect this important aspect of the solution and following through to work with the software implementation teams both internally and externally to make sure that the architecture is implemented.
Skills, Knowledge & Experience:
• Highly capable, hands-on, data analytics leader.
• Good technologist, with a strategic focus, while still being an effective architect practitioner.
• Can lead estimation and planning activities and ensure that the stakeholders deliver to them.
• Experience of data IaaS and PaaS services from Amazon, Microsoft or Google
• Detailed understanding of data tools, techniques, methodologies and best practice.
• Excellence in three or more architectures and/or technologies having successfully applied them in a commercial environment.
• Competent in security, performance tuning, capacity planning, resilience and availability across heterogeneous architectures.
• Experience of trust, privacy issues and personal data impact assessments
• Knowledge of relevant regulations
• Experience with Smart City Applications.
• Competent in security, performance tuning, capacity planning, resilience and availability across heterogeneous architectures
• Passionate about engineering and delivering solutions to our customers
• Positive can-do attitude
• Detail oriented
• Excellent interpersonal and negotiating skills and partner management.
• Capable of working at an abstract level.
• Collaborative communication style.