Telensa is a leading company in technology for the Internet of Things and Smart Cities. We have more smart city devices globally, than any other company. Our products are enabling cities from Atlanta, Georgia to Wellington, NZ to significantly lower their carbon footprint and improve the lives of citizens.
Building on our #1 smart city position, we are developing a new line of products that will revolutionise the outdoor environment. By using Big Data and Artificial Intelligence we are enabling new ways for cities, enterprises and consumers to interact.
We are calling this vision The Urban Data Project and we are working with some of the Internet industry’s largest players to grow a global eco-system of data market place participants and application developers. As such the Urban Data Project is much more than a project within one company.
This new approach to the urban environment opens up opportunities in many domains from city services, to financial services, transport and leisure. At a technology level there is convergence between urban data collection, intelligent transport and cellular small cells which offers even more untapped potential.
Purpose & Scope
We are increasing the size of our hardware team to support the new product developments needed to support our increasing focus on data generation and analysis. This will involve the development of edge processing and advance sensor integrations on our new range of devices.
The role will work with the Product Management team to define and implement the security and trust infrastructure for the Urban Data Project and ensure citizens data is treated in line with a complex set of rules.
Skills, Knowledge & Experience:
• Experience of trust privacy issues and personal data impact assessments
• Experience of implementing distributed secure applications within a trust environment.
• Strong implementation skills e.g. Java
• Microservice architectures
• Good communication skills
• Ability to specify software in documents for architecture and interfaces
• Ability to assess and buy in 3rd party software
• Experience of delivering security or trust applications on generic cloud platforms AWS or Azure
• Strong degree in software discipline.
• Passionate about engineering and delivering solutions to our customers
• Positive can-do attitude