Telensa is a leading company in technology for the Internet of Things and Smart Cities. We have more smart city devices globally, than any other company. Our products are enabling cities from Atlanta, Georgia to Wellington, NZ to significantly lower their carbon footprint and improve the lives of citizens.
Building on our #1 smart city position, we are developing a new line of products that will revolutionise the outdoor environment. By using Big Data and Artificial Intelligence we are enabling new ways for cities, enterprises and consumers to interact.
Telensa won the 2017 Amazon award for the Growing Business of the Year. Telensa was also named in the 2017 Global Cleantech 100 ones to watch list. In 2018 Telensa was awarded the Queens Award for Enterprise: International Trade and Innovation.
Purpose & Scope
The Central Systems Group are responsible for developing Telensa’s suite server-side software. We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our team, bringing skills in Databases and PHP and/or Java, to focus on Smart Lighting and Smart City components. Smart Lighting is at the heart of Telensa’s business and this is a critical role in which you will be creating value for our customers from day one. This role will also play an active part in the evolution of our API technologies.
The job role:
- Design software modules/components.
- Design and implementation of databases with an emphasis on performance.
- Development of back-end application software for street light and other smart city central management systems in PHP and Java.
- Document system design and changes, review of software designs from peers.
- Development of unit tests and automated integration tests.
- Deliver software to agreed time and quality targets.
- Learning new technologies relevant to the projects.
- Work on projects with or without a team of other software engineers.
Skills, Knowledge & Experience:
- Knowledge of database technologies.
- Cloud development in a some of the following programming languages: Java, C, PHP, Python.
- Delivering products in a commercial environment.
- Experience of full software lifecycle.
- Experience with optimising code: finding bottlenecks and fixing them.
- Understanding of data tools, techniques, methodologies and best practice: CI, CD, (Atlassian tools).
- Have developed skills in DevOps.
- Implementing secure systems.
- Ability to guide and mentor more junior engineers.
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly to react to changing demands.
- Experience of debugging and maintaining code written by others.