Senior Software Engineer
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer with skills in Java and Databases to develop Telensa’s server-side software that enables cities and operators to work more efficiently. Such as:
- Allow City Managers to control Telensa devices and view the telemetry data they produce.
- Exchange data with third-party applications to create end-to-end workflow management systems.
- Integrate with other Smart City applications and devices to improve access to data enabling smarter decision making.
Creating software to manage city infrastructure means that knowledge of security and performance is also a key requirement of the role. Smart Lighting is at the heart of Telensa’s business and this role will be creating value for our customers from day one.
In this role, you will be part of the Central System Group team.
What you’ll do:
- Design and documentation of software components and APIs
- Development of software applications in Java and other languages such as PHP and Python
- Design and implementation of databases with an emphasis on performance
- Document system design and changes and review software designs from your peers
- Deliver software to agreed time and quality targets
- Contribute to projects that will be a mix of solo and small team efforts focused on the same core products
- You hold a bachelor’s in computer science or a similar engineering education
- At least 5 years of working experience doing software development in Java, C, PHP, or Python in a web application setting
- You bring a good knowledge of database technologies
- You can think performance and optimal code, and you are experienced in debugging and maintaining code written by others
- Previous experience delivering products in a commercial environment is highly appreciated
- You understand the security requirements of Web Application Software
- Use of Atlassian toolset – Jira, Bamboo, Confluence – for CI / CD is nice to have
- You embrace an agile way of working
- You are someone who learns new technologies quickly and enjoys guiding and mentoring more junior engineers
What you’ll get in return:
- We role model Inclusive behaviour & foster Diversity
- We drive a culture of continuous learning
- We build manager/leader capabilities
- We build culture of praise and recognition
- We involve employees in idea creation and decision making
- We actively endorse and support Corporate Social Responsibilities
- We drive sustainable change
- We live and breathe our values – Customer First, Game Changer, Greater Together and Passion for Results
- We measure and implement actions to support employee engagement
- Competitive salary package
- Extensive set of tools to drive your career, such as a personalized learning platform where you can access learning content anytime/anywhere at no cost
Telensa is wholly owned subsidiary of Signify Holding NV. Signify is the world leader in lighting for professionals, consumers and for the Internet of Things. Signify is one of the few companies in the world to achieve carbon neutrality and our next sustainability goals are even bolder: doubling our positive impact on the environment and society by 2025.
Telensa is a leading company in technology for the Internet of Things and Smart Cities. We have more smart city devices globally, than any other company. Our products are enabling cities from Atlanta, Georgia to Wellington, NZ to significantly lower their carbon footprint and improve the lives of citizens.
The HQ for Telensa is in Pampisford, Cambridge. Telensa is active in the UK, US, Canada, Middle East, SE Asia, Latin America, Australia/NZ and now leveraging the global reach of Signify.
As an employee of Telensa, you are right at the heart of our business. You will work with cross-functional teams to translate our customers’ dreams into impactful solutions that keep us ahead of the market.
If this opportunity sounds exciting, please apply to email@example.com and cc firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the reference number with your CV and cover letter stating why this role appeals to you.