Software Engineer – CS
We are looking for a Software Engineer with skills in Java and Databases to develop Telensa’s server-side software that enables cities and operators to work more efficiently. Such as:
- Allow City Managers to control Telensa devices and view the telemetry data they produce.
- Exchange data with third party applications to create end-to-end workflow management systems.
- Integrate with other Smart City applications and devices to improve access to data enabling smarter decision making.
Creating software to manage city infrastructure means that knowledge of security and performance are also key requirements of the role. Smart Lighting is at the heart of Telensa’s business and this role will be creating value for our customers from day one.
- Design and documentation of software components and APIs
- Development of application software in Java (and other languages as necessary)
- Design and implementation of databases with an emphasis on performance
- Document system design and changes, review of software designs from peers
- Deliver software to agreed time and quality targets
- Projects will be a mix of solo and small team efforts –all contributing to the same core products
Skills, Knowledge & Experience
- Development in some of the following programming languages in a web application setting:
- Knowledge of database technologies
- Thinks performance and optimal code
- Has delivered products in a commercial environment.
- Embraces agile – receptive to changing demands.
- Understands the security requirements of Web Application Software.
- Use of Atlassian toolset – Jira, Bamboo, Confluence – for CI / CD
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly
- Experience of debugging and maintaining code written by others