Telensa is a leading company in technology for the Internet of Things and Smart Cities. We have more smart city devices globally, than any other company. Our products are enabling cities from Atlanta, Georgia to Wellington, NZ to significantly lower their carbon footprint and improve the lives of citizens.
Building on our #1 smart city position, we are developing a new line of products that will revolutionise the outdoor environment. By using Big Data and Artificial Intelligence we are enabling new ways for cities, enterprises and consumers to interact.
Telensa won the 2017 Amazon award for the Growing Business of the Year. Telensa was also named in the 2017 Global Cleantech 100 ones to watch list. In 2018 Telensa was awarded the Queens Award for Enterprise: International Trade and Innovation.
Purpose & Scope
To support this vision, we are growing our analytics and artificial intelligence team with a focus on computer vision, data science and machine learning.
As a member of the team you will be a key contributor to our exciting technology library and roadmap. There are significant opportunities for career development, and you will be encouraged to contribute innovative ideas that make a genuine change to future products. As AI is a fast-moving area you will be working on the cutting edge of technology and adopting the very latest AI frameworks and hardware acceleration platforms.
You will also be working closely with engineers who are bringing products to market. This means that you will quickly see your work deployed at large scale across the cities of the world.
The job role:
- An opportunity to cross-train into the discipline of AI and machine learning
- Develop and evolve software modules/components
- Develop AI & analytics software that can be deployed on the edge and/or on the cloud back-end
- Adhere to modern software development best practices and lifecycle (inc. Agile, unit-testing, CI etc.)
- Software development in C/C++ and Python on Linux/Embedded Linux platforms
- Use modern development environment and toolchains to develop, build and deploy AI software modules
- De-risking new methods and algorithms in a fast prototyping environment
- Document system design and changes, review of software designs from peers
- Deliver software to agreed time and quality targets
Skills, Knowledge & Experience:
- 2.1 degree in a numerate/computer-science related subject (or equivalent experience)
- 3+ years’ experience developing software products in a commercial environment
- Strong programming skills in C/C++ and Python (including build environments and deployments/packaging)
- Professional experience of full software lifecycle development
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly to react to changing demands
- Professional computer vision and machine learning software development experience