Telensa is a leading company in technology for the Internet of Things and Smart Cities. We have more smart city devices globally, than any other company. Our products are enabling cities from Atlanta, Georgia to Wellington, NZ to significantly lower their carbon footprint and improve the lives of citizens.
Building on our #1 smart city position, we are developing a new line of products that will revolutionise the outdoor environment. By using Big Data and Artificial Intelligence we are enabling new ways for cities, enterprises and consumers to interact. Data collected from these devices is stored and processed in our City Data Guardian cloud software.
We are calling this vision the Urban Data Project and we are working with some of the Internet industry’s largest players to grow a global eco-system of data market place participants and application developers. As such the Urban Data Project is much more than a project within one company.
Purpose & Scope
We are building a cloud software team to progress the development of the for the City Data Guardian and need to find a team lead. This will involve the development of software for the processing and management of data packages. This role will be both hands on and growing and leading a small team of engineers. We have active projects in this area (currently outsourced) and this is a key role in our Urban Data programme.
Skills, Knowledge & Experience:
• Ideally 7+ years’ experience developing products in a commercial environment
• Team and Technical leadership experience
• Experience of cloud development in a range of suitable programming languages including Java.
• Can lead estimation and planning activities and ensure that the stakeholders deliver to them.
• Experience with data IaaS and PaaS services from Microsoft Azure or Amazon Web Services
• Detailed understanding of data tools, techniques, methodologies and best practice.
• Proven track record of completing similar developments.
• Competent in security, performance tuning, capacity planning, resilience and availability across heterogeneous architectures.
• Experience of trust, privacy issues and personal data impact assessments
• Knowledge of relevant regulations
• Experience with Smart City Applications
• Certified Scrum Master or Product Owner
• Experience of working in a digital start up
• Passionate about engineering and delivering solutions to our customers
• Positive can-do attitude
• Detail oriented
• Excellent interpersonal and negotiating skills and partner management.
• Capable of working at an abstract level.