Telensa is a leading company in technology for the Internet of Things and Smart Cities. We have more smart city devices globally, than any other company. Our products are enabling cities from Atlanta, Georgia to Wellington, NZ to significantly lower their carbon footprint and improve the lives of citizens.
Building on our #1 smart city position, we are developing a new line of products that will revolutionise the outdoor environment. By using Big Data and Artificial Intelligence we are enabling new ways for cities, enterprises and consumers to interact.
Telensa won the 2017 Amazon award for the Growing Business of the Year. Telensa was also named in the 2017 Global Cleantech 100 ones to watch list. In 2018 Telensa was awarded the Queens Award for Enterprise: International Trade and Innovation.
Purpose & Scope
The Central Systems Group are responsible for developing Telensa’s suite server-side software. We are looking for two new Team Leaders to lead two teams who focus on the Smart Lighting and Smart City components. Smart Lighting is at the heart of Telensa’s business and this is a critical role in which will be creating value for our customers from day 1. You will organise and manage the current team using SCRUM (on 2 week cycles, using Jira), and will be making hands-on contributions to feature development, CI set-up (Bamboo) and test automation, as well as contributing to improving team velocity.
The job role:
- Responsibility for one of the development teams within the Central Systems Group to:
- Planning and estimation of software features to agreed time and quality within an Agile environment.
- Design software modules/components.
- Document system design and changes.
- Design and implementation of databases with an emphasis on performance
- Review of software designs and code reviews of team members.
- Development of unit tests and automated integration tests.
- Learning new technologies relevant to the projects
Skills, Knowledge & Experience:
- Delivering products in a commercial environment
- Team and Technical leadership experience, including running SCRUM meetings.
- Cloud development in a some of the following programming languages: Java, C, PHP, Python.
- Knowledge of database technologies
- Can lead estimation and planning activities and deliver to plan.
- Detailed understanding of data tools, techniques, methodologies and best practice: CI, CD, (Atlassian tools).
- Implementing secure systems
- Knowledge of Smart City Applications
- Knowledge of IoT
- Certified Scrum Master.