Software test engineer
The Software Test Engineer will be part of our System Test team to enable continuous improvement of our industry-leading existing Street Lighting Control product range and to meet future requirements of Telensa’s upcoming projects. The scope would be to do System Testing of Telensa’s product offering and be able to automate the testing of Smart Lighting and Smart City applications.
What you’ll do:
- Execution of Manual testing (Functional and Regression) of Products (Telecell, Base Station, Central Server, etc)
- Automation of the test cases by writing test scripts (Python/Selenium/Pytest)
- Documentation of software designs and review of software designs from peers
- Writing good quality test specifications in the Test Management tools
- Defect tracking and defect closure
- Performance and stress testing
- Learning new technologies relevant to the projects
- Deliver tested software to agreed time and quality targets
- You hold a 2.1 Degree in Computer Science related subject or equivalent experience
- You have 3 to 5 years of experience working in the industry
- Proven experience in writing automated tests and/or Test frameworks is required
- Measurable track record of testing complex systems
- Experience in Setting up of Test Environments including installation and configuration of web applications on Linux based servers
- Understanding and experience of testing Web applications and associated APIs with databases
- You are familiar with common test automation design patterns, practices, tools and frameworks
- Experience in Test scripting, Test design, Test plans and Test analysis
- Good understanding of different types of tests, their value, and where they fit into the software development lifecycle
- Practice in Software Development in Python and understanding of continuous integration tools such as Jenkins, bamboo are nice to have
- Previous experience of testing Embedded devices is also appreciated
What you’ll get in return:
- We role model Inclusive behaviour & foster Diversity
- We drive a culture of continuous learning
- We build manager/leader capabilities
- We build culture of praise and recognition
- We involve employees in idea creation and decision making
- We actively endorse and support Corporate Social Responsibilities
- We drive sustainable change
- We live and breathe our values – Customer First, Game Changer, Greater Together and Passion for Results
- We measure and implement actions to support employee engagement
- Competitive salary package
- Extensive set of tools to drive your career, such as a personalized learning platform where you can access learning content anytime/anywhere at no cost
Telensa is wholly owned subsidiary of Signify Holding NV. Signify is the world leader in lighting for professionals, consumers and for the Internet of Things. Signify is one of the few companies in the world to achieve carbon neutrality and our next sustainability goals are even bolder: doubling our positive impact on the environment and society by 2025.
Telensa is a leading company in technology for the Internet of Things and Smart Cities. We have more smart city devices globally, than any other company. Our products are enabling cities from Atlanta, Georgia to Wellington, NZ to significantly lower their carbon footprint and improve the lives of citizens.
The HQ for Telensa is in Pampisford, Cambridge. Telensa is active in the UK, US, Canada, Middle East, SE Asia, Latin America, Australia/NZ and now leveraging the global reach of Signify.
As an employee of Telensa, you are right at the heart of our business. You will work with cross-functional teams to translate our customers’ dreams into impactful solutions that keep us ahead of the market.
If this opportunity sounds exciting, please apply to email@example.com and cc firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the reference number with your CV and cover letter stating why this role appeals to you.