Telensa makes wireless smart city applications, helping cities around the world save energy, work smarter and deliver more joined-up services for their citizens. Telensa PLANet is the world’s most deployed smart streetlight solution, with a footprint of more than 1.5 million lights. Building on the compelling business case for its smart streetlighting, the company provides cities and utilities with an open, low-cost platform to add multiple sensor applications.
With our continued global success, we now have a new position for a Technical Product Owner (TPO) in the Product Management team, based in Cambridge, UK. He/ she will act as the primary interface between Product Management and Development; and must be capable of taking product requirements, turning them into technical deliverables, and working with the sprint teams though the cycle to ensure delivery to time and specification.
This role will support Product Management in preparing effort estimates and proposing potential phasing and priorities for new offers and features and will then guide the development teams in their implementation up to successful customer launch.
The incumbent may also assist the sales team during the tender process, including support with bids, presentations and customer meetings.
The job role:
The TPO will interface across Product Management, Development and Operations. They will be a core part of the Product Management team, reporting into the VP Product Management for all activities.
Primary responsibilities are:
• Acting as a Technical Product Owner for Product Management, turning the Product Managers requirements into a backlog and set of detailed stories that the Development teams can work on as part of a sprint(s)
• Own prioritization of the product backlog which includes definition of epics and stories with associated acceptance criteria
• Active involvement in all sprint activities/ ceremonies as required in the role of Product Owner
• Define sprints goals and manage the product backlog to achieve the goals of the business
• Setting and communicating development task priorities, appropriately balancing the requirements of the business with internal system improvements and assigning developers and test support accordingly
• Serve as the key interface for scrum team by liaising with project stakeholders and working with the Product Manager to consolidate, validate and filter requests for new product requirements
• Oversee the planning, coordinating and delivery of releases from conception to production, ensuring that schedules and quality standards are upheld in alignment with the approved architecture
• Work with development teams in estimation and review sessions.
• Promote measured risk taking to maximise the benefit and reduce execution time (MVP)
• Developing subject matter expertise for assigned products and technical best practices
• Interfacing to customers as appropriate to derive and agree new solutions and architecture
• Overseeing the resolution of service / client issues
• Contributing to the strategic direction of the product, ensuring that it remains current and relevant to our customers and utilises appropriate new technologies to enhance user experience and drive down data maintenance costs
The role is Cambridge based and the majority of the time will be spent at the offices. However, some home working may be available, depending on location, in line with HR policy.
Skills, Knowledge & Experience:
• Min 5 years’ experience with technical knowledge in a related sector acting as a TPO
• Demonstrable agile experience
• Proven ability to translate Product Management requirements into stories/ definition levels that can be built and delivered by a technology team(s)
• Knowledge of end-to-end system designs in IoT / Telecom / Internet / IT arena with demonstrable capacity to design a solution against a customer problem statement
• Clear experience of several/ all of these areas - database technologies, microservices, wireless networks, cloud services, API’s
• Pro-active, resilient, can do attitude and high energy
• Able to see a solution from concept to delivery
• Fast-learner capability to gain detailed knowledge of company products and applications
• Qualified to degree level
• Experience of presenting to senior customers
• Effective communication and interpersonal skills at all levels
• Able to work independently without direction
• Ability to work to tight deadlines
• Ability to demonstrate effective team working
• Prior experience in outdoor lighting or controls /monitoring networks and smart cities
• interest and demonstrable experience of UX/UI design
• Agile certification