Telensa is the leading provider of Street Lighting Remote Control and Monitoring systems. Our system uses Ultra Narrow Band (UNB) radio communications and cellular radio to link street lights back to a central database and web server in order to allow street lighting to be managed in a sophisticated and energy efficient way. Other applications for Telensa’s UNB and control technology are underway as the demand for Smart City/Internet of Things solutions increases.
With our continued global success in Lighting Control and our plans to add new Smart City/Internet of Things (IoT) applications we need to recruit a System Test Engineer.
You will join a talented team based in our offices in the Cambridge area, working in a friendly but fast paced and responsive environment in an established company with a very strong track record of delivery. We’re looking for professionals capable of validating high quality products in line with industry best practice.
Purpose & Scope
We’re expanding our System Test team to enable continued improvement of our industry leading existing Street lighting Control Product range and to meet future requirements of Telensa’s upcoming projects. The scope would be to do System Testing of Telensa’s Product offering and be able to automate the testing.
The job role:
- Execution of Manual testing (Functional and Regression) of Products (Telecell, Base Station, Central Server etc)
- Automation of the test cases by writing test scripts (Python/Selenium)
- Documentation of software designs and review of software designs from peers
- Writing good quality test specifications in the Test Management tools
- Defect tracking and defect closure
- Performance and stress testing
- Learning new technologies relevant to the projects
- Deliver tested software to agreed time and quality targets
Skills, Knowledge & Experience:
- 2.1 degree in a numerate / computer science related subject (or equivalent experience)
- Ideally Industry experience of minimum 5 years
- Working knowledge of Linux Operating System
- Experience of Setting up of Test Environments including installation and configuration of web applications on Linux based servers
- Measurable track record of testing complex systems
- Understanding and experience of testing Web applications and associated APIs with databases
- Experience with common test automation design patterns, practices, tools, and frameworks
- Experience of Test scripting, Test design, Test plans and Test analysis
- Sound understanding of different types of tests, their value, and where they fit into the software development lifecycle
- Experience testing non-functional requirements, including performance, scale and availability
- Work on projects with or without a team of other software test engineers
- Experience of Software Development in Java/Python
- Understanding of continuous integration tools such as Jenkins, bamboo
- Experience of writing automated Test frameworks
- Experience of testing Embedded devices
In return we can offer a competitive package and an environment that will stimulate and challenge you to be at your best. This is an ideal opportunity to get involved with some interesting new products and technologies at an exciting time in Telensa’s development.