Telensa is a leading company in technology for the Internet of Things and Smart Cities. Our street light control systems are enabling cities from Atlanta, Georgia to Wellington, NZ to significantly lower their carbon footprint. Our smart parking system has guided cars to free spaces in deployments as diverse as St Petersburg and Shanghai.
As well as helping city authorities, we are now looking to enable all citizens to benefit from the rich set of urban data that can be collected from the physical environment. By using Big Data and Artificial Intelligence we are enabling new business models which will enable citizens to live in a safe and vibrant urban environment.
In order to enable this vision, we are looking to recruit the best people to join our team as we break old ideas of how a city works for its community.
Purpose & Scope
We are building a machine learning team with a focus on video analytics but also other sensors including audio and radar. We need more ability to test the software as it is developed. The team is developing software for edge processing on our new range of devices, there will also be related cloud components. This is a key role in our Urban Data programme.
• Work within Urban Data scrum team
• Collaborate closely with our System Test Team
• Develop and maintain acceptance criteria and test cases with development engineers
• Ensure traceability of test cases to product features
• Test environments setup and maintenance
• Manual and automated testing, including full regression testing as required
• Defining and implementing the vision of automated acceptance tests
• Initial analysis and investigation of bugs
• Bug replication and bug fixing support
Skills, Knowledge & Experience:
• 2.1 degree in a numerate / computer science related subject (or equivalent experience)
• Experience developing and testing products in a commercial environment
• working knowledge of an embedded Linux Operating System
• Experience of various type of testing, covering the full lifecycle of software development
• Experience with hardware, radio, camera, radar or similar.
• Experience defining minimal yet complete test scenarios
• Good manual testing skills, efficient and fully documented
• Experience testing non-functional requirements, including performance, scale and availability
• Broad experience of test automation
• Preference for automation as far as it’s feasible, taking cost and benefit into consideration
• Measurable track record of testing complex systems
• Ability to learn new technologies quickly to react to changing demands
• Experience with Nvidia Jetson, Movidius or similar
• Experience in related sectors e.g. autonomous vehicles, smart city applications
• Experience with the Atlassian toolset (BitBucket/Git, JIRA, Bamboo)
• Signal processing background.
• Experience working with IoT software projects
• Experience working in an Agile environment
• Software development experience