Traffic adaptive street lighting can reduce energy consumption by 30% for local authorities. And that’s just the start of the benefits. Click here to watch our webinar recording and find out how.
The future of street lighting is here
You don’t need to light a road that has no vehicles driving on it. That’s obvious. It’s the simple concept behind traffic adaptive street lighting - and it stands to reduce energy consumption by up to 30% for roads and highways. As more local authorities, planners and developers advocate for this innovative lighting, we look at the challenges of implementation, discuss the compelling benefits to citizens and explain how the infrastructure behind smart lighting provides a framework to rollout future smart city technologies.
It works. Just ask our speakers.
- Reduced carbon emissions.
- Eye-opening data on traffic movement.
Those are just some of the benefits that Suffolk County Council has realised after implementing 90k illuminated assets, which includes 60k streetlights all running smart controls, and an entire pilot village with traffic adaptive lighting. Their data even suggest that the lighting has helped to reduce crime.
Yet revolutionising the street lighting in Suffolk was not without challenges. That’s why we are delighted that Richard Webster from Suffolk County Council will be here to discuss how their network was implemented in 2011 and how it has benefited the region.
Richard will be joined by Alex Davies, lead analyst at IoT and wireless technology specialists Rethink Technology. Alex will talk about data handling and the advantages this will bring local authorities, as well as some of the risks.
Last but not least, Keith Day from Telensa - manufacturers of smart city applications that are changing the world from London to Wellington. Keith will give us the latest on smart technology application and the global market.
Why join the webinar?
- See how traffic adaptive street lighting works and how it can reduce energy consumption by 30%
- Learn how the traffic data gathered by the light pole can benefit local authorities beyond the lighting operation - e.g. transport planning
- Find out how to avoid some of the challenges of integration
- Hear about how the framework that facilitates traffic adaptive street lighting can support future smart city technologies and dramatically reduce costs
- See how the smart street lighting market is changing for the needs of tomorrow
Watch the webinar recording
The webinar has finished! Watch the video here.