The Utility Case for Smart Street Lighting
What lessons can utilities learn from Georgia Power’s smart street lighting roll-out?
This free Navigant case study looks into Georgia Power’s experiences on rolling out LED fixtures across its territory and deploying connected lighting controls at the same time. Georgia Power is a pioneer utility in street lighting services. The utility is also a leader in deploying service innovations such as on-fixture metering and time-of-use tariffs. Georgia Power’s experiences provide lessons for utilities looking to realize the benefits and address the challenges of smart street lighting.
This case study covers:
• Overview of utility owned street lights
• Benefits of centrally controlled street lights for utilities
• Defining requirements for successful connected street lighting deployment
• Challenges and lessons learned from Georgia Power's roll out
• Insights and recommendations for utilities looking at modernization of their street lighting portfolio